Somerset County Library System Board of Trustees
Are you a library supporter? Library Board Seeks Trustee Applications
The Library Board is looking for residents of Somerset County to fill a vacancy on the Library Board.
The responsibilities of the Somerset County Board of Library Trustees include:
- Acting as a liaison between the public and the library,
- Being knowledgeable about operations of the library,
- Being involved in continuous efforts to improve library services,
- Adopting reasonable rules and regulations,
- Approving the library budget, and
- Being willing to assist the library in fundraising activities.
Applicants must have the ability, capability, and commitment to communicate regularly through email. Board members must be approved by the Somerset County Commissioners.
The Library Board meets at 4:00 pm on the second Wednesday of February, April, June, August, October, and December.
The deadline for applications is October 31.
- Ann Smith, President, First - Expires 10/24/22
- Marlena Turner, Vice President, First - Expires 03/22/21
- Lois Outten, Treasurer, First - Expires 09/20/22
- Beth Holmes-Mayson, First - Expires 10/15/24
- Karen Riggin, First - Expires 7/31/23
- Marilyn Cottman, First - Expires 11/15/21
- Unfilled Term - Expires 06/23/24
2020 Meeting Schedule
- Wednesday, February 12, 4 pm, Princess Anne
- Wednesday, April 15, 4 pm, Princess Anne
- Wednesday, June 10, 4 pm, Princess Anne
- Wednesday, August 12, 4 pm, Princess Anne
- Wednesday, October 14, 4 pm, Princess Anne
- Wednesday, December 9, 4 pm, Crisfield
Meeting Agendas & Minutes
Unapproved recent meeting minutes are available upon request from the Library Director at 410-651-0852 x111.