Library Update - Drop In, Check Out
The Library is open for in-library usage sessions for patrons to browse the shelves, use computers and wifi, and print and copy.
We are using guidelines from the CDC, State of Maryland, and Somerset County Health Department to move through each phase of our Pandemic Recovery Plan. Even as we follow these guidelines, as a public space, we cannot guarantee a germ-free environment or germ-free physical materials. Visiting the library or other public spaces is your decision based on the needs of you and your family. For patrons not comfortable returning to the library, we will continue to offer Books to Go pickup in the lobbies, virtual programs, and online resources.Depending on the number of cases in Somerset County, we may be forced to return to previous restrictions, and we apologize in advance should this become necessary.
To maintain a safe environment for patrons and staff:
- All staff and patrons are required to wear face masks or face shields.
- 6-foot social distancing is required and spots will be marked on the floor at the checkout desk to assist this.
- The Library will have limited capacity with only a certain number of people allowed in the building at a time. Currently, we are limiting to 15 people per hour.
- Hand sanitizer is available for staff and patrons to use as they enter and leave the building.
- Materials may be checked out using the self-checkout stations only.
- Computers and table surfaces will be disinfected after each use.
- Materials may only be returned to the exterior bookdrops to enable proper quarantine.
- If you have a fever or are not feeling well, please do not come to the library.
Library staff will continue to revisit guidelines as the State of Maryland progresses further into the Roadmap to Recovery.
At this time, the following services are not yet available:
- Meeting room reservations.
- Children's area toys and games.
- Restrooms and water fountains.
Patrons who make appointments in advance will be given priority. Please be sure to bring your library card with you. We are unable to look up library card numbers to checkout material.
- Monday 10 a.m. - 5:45 p.m.
- Tuesday 10 a.m. - 5:45 p.m.
- Wednesday 10 a.m. - 5:45 p.m.
- Thursday 10 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- Friday 10 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- Saturday 10 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Books to Go
Books to Go pickup is still available. Please visit the reservation form or call the library to request materials and schedule a pickup slot. Requests must be placed no later than 8 am on the day that you would like to pick up your materials.
Please remember to wear masks and practice social distancing while in the lobbies.
Prints to Go
Need to print? Save time and let us do it for you. Just email your document (limit 10 pages) to Princess Anne at firstname.lastname@example.org or Crisfield at email@example.com and call the Library to schedule a time to pick it up at the front desk. Print requests must be received by 8 am on the pickup day.
The Library will continue to evaluate its response to COVID. Customers can stay up to date on any changes to library services through our website at somelibrary.org. You can also follow the Library on Facebook for the latest.